Biblical Answers to the World Mission Society Church of God

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.--1 John 4:1

Are you or a loved one struggling with this group? Do you need Biblical answers about the World Mission Society Church of God (WMSCoG or CoGWMS), their founder Ahnsahnghong (Ahn Sahng/Sang-Hong) or their current leader "Mother Jerusalem" (a.k.a. "Heavenly Mother God," Zang/Zahng Gil-Jah, or Chung Gil Cha)? Thank you for coming here. I hope my blog helps you. Questions and comments are always welcome.

Monday, July 26, 2010

The First and the Last

Rev. 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

I was thinking about the Sabbath. There is more to write about it, another day, but today I want to share this thought....

The last (seventh) day of the week is the traditional Sabbath, and Jesus Christ is Lord of the Sabbath. (Matt. 12:8)

Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week, often called the Lord's Day. (Matt. 28:1, Rev. 1:10)

Jesus, as the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End of everything, also lays claim to the beginning and end of each week--the first and the last days.

2 comments:

  1. Had someone else quote Rev about Sunday being the Lord's Day.

    In Revelations, the Lord's Day is referring to the day of Judgement in which God will be doing as such. Not Sunday. That is the most random interpretation lol. I don't even know how they chronologically placed that at the beginning of the week anyway - when no one knows the day nor hour of which the Lord's Day will come.

    And yeah, Christ did rise on the first day of the week. But he didn't bless it.

    People blessed that day of the week because we used it to commemorate when Jesus rose - which is odd because I though that's what Easter is for?

    Lol.

    I guess.

    But God specifically blessed the seventh day, not the first. The bible details no where that Sunday is suppose to be a day of honor in anyway way shape or form. The 1st day of the week is really insignificant - and only mentioned here in relativity to the Sabbath that had just passed.

    Which Mary had just kept prior too lol.

    But wait, Jesus is dead, so why is she still keeping the Sabbath?

    Not to mention the apostles were keeping the Sabbath in their preaching long after Jesus's Christ's death as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cece. I received many comments from you. It's going to take me a while to process everything you wrote, but I can start here for today...

      Rev. 1:10 [John writing] "On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet"

      He is not talking about "the day of judgment". He's talking about the day of the week when he received this revelation.

      Is it against God's law to remember the Resurrection more than once a year? When my children were newborns, I remembered which day of the week they were born and marked each week as they grew (as in "Today is special. It's been exactly 15 weeks since my child was born! Thursday is special because it's the day I became a mom!"). Then the novelty wore off with the increasing demands of real life. Now I can hardly remember what day of the week it was without looking it up.

      But I'll tell you what -- the 'novelty' of the Resurrection has never worn off, even though we've lost track of the exact number of weeks. We still remember that it was a Sunday when the glorious Resurrection took place.

      Yes, you may worship on Saturday if you wish, but if you'd like to understand why Sunday observance is acceptable too, please read this carefully:
      http://exadventist.com/Home/Sabbath/SabbathSunday/tabid/516/Default.aspx

      Delete