Biblical Answers to the World Mission Society Church of God

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.--1 John 4:1

Are you or a loved one struggling with this group? Do you need Biblical answers about the World Mission Society Church of God (WMSCoG or CoGWMS), their founder Ahnsahnghong (Ahn Sahng/Sang-Hong) or their current leader "Mother Jerusalem" (a.k.a. "Heavenly Mother God," Zang/Zahng Gil-Jah, or Chung Gil Cha)? Thank you for coming here. I hope my blog helps you. Questions and comments are always welcome.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Staying in the World Mission Society Church of God

Last time, I shared 5 main reasons why ex-members have left the World Mission Society Church of God.  Now the question is, when these problems are so clear to ex-members (or non-members), why do so many continue to stay in the WMSCOG?  Why don't they see these problems?  And if they see the problems, why do they stay anyway?

To answer that, it helps to see an ex-members perspective.  Here's an article that explains it well: Why is it difficult for some WMSCOG members to leave?

I recall talking to several different members and hearing the same thing...
"I know this church is not right, but they seem right about some things, so how can I leave?  Where else would I go?  What if they're right, and I don't make it to heaven?  But I know they are not! I'm so torn.  I don't know what to do."

If that sounds at all familiar, if that's you, maybe you wonder how you could ever survive and live a fulfilling life without the World Mission Society Church of God.  Please, read the stories of others who have left, and see that you are not alone!  You can find some stories here and also scattered throughout the comments of my blog and this website.

Then read that article again about why it's so difficult to leave.  If you can realize what it is that's holding you there, it might help you to be strong enough to leave.  And if you still don't feel confident enough to leave, pray.  God, the real God, can help you to sort out the truth and lead you to freedom.

Galatians 5:1
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

In fact, I recommend you read the whole book of Galatians.  It's just 6 short chapters.  It won't take long, and it will help you to know the freedom you ought to feel with Christ.  Here's a good place to start: Galatians 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment